Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Fun with Flowers | Take Your Pic(k)!

As our celebration of all things flowers continues this week (don't forget to check out the ebook deals and fun book tag!), today's prompts are simple:

1. What's your favorite flower (AKA your top pick)?
2. Share some flower pics you took this year!

I think my favorite would have to be between three choices: forget-me-nots, bleeding hearts, and lupines. Since writing Forget Me Not and Bleeding Heart, I get excited to spot either of those first two flowers. :) And I love the wealth of meaning behind their names and their appearances. As for the lupine, it makes me think of my mom, the fingerprint artwork I made in first grade and gave to her, and our past day trips in late spring to see the lupines in bloom on the hillside.

To pick just one, though, I'll go with the bleeding hearts. (These flowers are so gorgeous!)



Aren't these white ones so beautiful? I didn't realize all-white bleeding hearts existed until I came across some on a walk with friends. 

And now, I present a visual garden, comprised of flowers I saw this past year, ranging from the Pacific Northwest to Alaska and Hawaii...


















* * *

Your turn! What's your favorite flower? And if you'd like to share, I'd love to see some flower pics on your blog, Instagram, or Twitter! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment