Monday, March 31, 2014

Off to Camp with Morning Glory

Yep. I signed up for Camp NaNoWriMo! I'm still participating in DOOM, but I figured they could overlap since both are supposed to conclude at the end of April. And being involved in Camp NaNoWriMo might give me extra motivation. Plus, I always loved the virtual camping theme!


As I was putting together my camp info, I came across the section for sharing your novel's synopsis. This prompted me to finally write one for Morning Glory! It's subject to change, as I just put it together tonight, but I'd love your feedback. Do you think it fits well with the other blurbs for this series? Does it make you want to read the book?

***

The depths of fear. The dawning of hope.

Summer 1887

Felicity Lute's family is on the run from scandal and sorrow, but their "vacation" isn't bringing Felicity and her sister, Helen, together the way it should. Hope - or at least distraction - comes in the form of Myghal Tamblyn, a Cornish man wandering the West. When he joins them on their journey to Crater Lake, Felicity begins to believe her heart and her dreams will heal. Just as long as she and her two sisters can keep their secrets hidden.

Myghal has fallen in love - and been forced to let go of love - twice. He's intrigued by the flirtatious and flamboyant Felicity, but he's also wary of the obvious tension in her family, despite their welcome. An adventure with new friends might be just what his lonely heart needs, or it could be the path to a third and final heartbreak.

When tragedy plunges Felicity and Myghal into the very depths of their fears, will they find anything strong enough to help them rise again?

Inspirational Historical Romance

***

I'm registered under my heroine's name (Felicity Lute), if you want to connect with me at camp!

2 comments:

  1. I already wanted to read it just because it would be Myghal's story, but the blurb adds to my interest- love how you're making it a story with sisters. :-)

    Have a good time at camp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yay! I'm so happy to hear the blurb intrigues you. :)

      You know, I think the sister idea really hit me when I came across a picture of three redheaded girls on Pinterest. Plus, I have a sister, and with the whole Frozen thing - the sisters theme was inevitable, I guess. ;) I'm really excited to explore their relationships! I'm quite fond of Felicity's younger sister (Glory) already. :)

      Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts, and for stopping by!

      ~Amber

      Delete